Sunday, August 7, 2016

For the Love of Homemade Kits: August: Kit Shar

Happy Sunday! I am so excited to be participating in the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series with Hannah Lemieux, Megan Paulos Blethen, and Felicia Young over on You Tube for another round of creating. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this series uses a recipe of items to create a kit from our stash that is based around an inspiration piece. Then, each of us spends four weeks creating layouts and process videos from the ingredients in our kits. The idea is to start digging in our stash and use a combination of both new and old products to create some amazing layouts. Each week, you will be able to see a process video and layout from each of us on our You Tube channels using our individual kits. YAY! Click here to check out my kit share for week one of the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series: July.  The first process video will be posted on Tuesday, August 9th so you don't even have to wait a whole week this time! 



For this round, the inspiration piece was from Maggie Holmes Open Book and is called Slideshow. You can see an image of both sides of that paper below. I didn't have this individual paper but I did have the Open Book paper pad so I have a full piece of both sides included in my kit instead. 



The paper portion of this recipe includes:
1. The inspiration piece
2. a texture
3. a stripe
4. a circle or dot
5. a freebie pattern (opps! I picked two of these)
6. two 6x6 pieces of patterned paper

Now, for my choices....



1. Inspiration Piece: Maggie Holmes Open Book: Slideshow
2. Texture: Tim Holtz Postale Tissue Wrap 
3. Stripe: Crate Paper Wonder: Dream
4. Circle/Dot: Maggie Holmes Open Book: Bookmark
5. Freebie: Crate Paper Wonder: Bright
                   Pink Paislee Outfitters #10
6. I chose a few 6x6 papers and they all came from the Crate Paper Boys Rule pad. 
**I also allowed myself to add both white and black cardstock to this kit.

The embellishment portion of this recipe includes:
1. a cut file
2. stencil
3. stamps ( I chose a few that would all serve different purposes)
4. chipboard
5. wood veneer
6. a sticker sheet
7. Embellishment/Ephemera pack
8. One freebie
9. Washi tape
10.Brads
11. 2 alphabets (oops..I picked three again!)


Here are my choices....

       











1. Cut file: Feathers from May Shapes for the Hip Kit Club (similar in The Cut Shoppe)
2. Stencil:  Tim Holtz Air Travel Stencil
3. Stamps: Bo Bonny--It is Written
                  One Little Bird for Studio Calico word set
                  Maggie Holmes Roller Phrase Stamp
4. Chipboard: Crate Paper Journey Adhesive Chipboard Stickers
5. Wood Veneer: Crate Paper Journey Diet Cut Wood Pieces
6. Sticker Sheet: Teresa Collins Label Stickers in two different colors
7. Ephemera Pack: Bo Bunny Take a Hike Noteworthy Pack
8. Freebie: paper ribbon--gold herringbone from The Paper Factory
9. Washi Tape: Black Chevron and a Brown Travel Theme 
10.Brads: Bo Bunny Souvenir Brads
11.Alphabets: Imprint Thickers
                       Dazzle Cork Thickers 
                       Basic Grey Hey Boy! Alpha Stickers

Here is my complete kit....

        

As you can see, I followed the recipe but also added a couple of additional elements to make sure that I had enough material to create some incredible layouts. I am also giving myself the freedom and permission to add some mixed media elements like mists and watercolors if needed in order to complete the looks or use the elements that I chose. I hope that you will use this recipe to put together your own kit and I would love to see what you create if you are playing along with us. Make sure to stop by and check out my You Tube video showing my kit and then head on over to see the kits that Hannah, Felicia, and Megan put together as well. It is going to be a very fun month! Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment