Thursday, September 1, 2016

SpiegelMom Scraps September Blog Hop


Welcome to September! This is my favorite month of the year. I love the beginning of fall and the leaves starting to change color. I love that my grandparents were married in September and that my birthday falls on their anniversary! I love back to school and fall sports and the return of cool weather.

All in tune with my favorite month, I am SUPER excited about the new products this month from SpiegelMom Scraps. From the cork confetti shapes to the new sequin mixes and new feltie colors, it is going to be a very good month to create! Wasn't Hannah's project amazing?? Don't forget to stop by and pick up the free cut files that I designed this month and if you have a request for future designs, make sure to leave it in the comments below!

Without further delay, here is my project for today. If you are familiar with my work, you know how much I love a good grid design. Add hand-stitching and cute accents and I'm in! This layout was no exception. I think that this sequin mix is my favorite to date! Make sure that you grab some Mocha Mint Dream from the shop because it goes perfectly with Crate Paper Wonder, The Reset Girl Collection, and all of my Maggie Holmes collections (you can see pieces of all three of these collections in my page today!)





The thing that I love most about a grid layout is that each little section becomes its own canvas. I little space to create in that is its own while still being a cohesive part of the entire layout. The Mochan Mint Dream sequin mix and the Chevron and Heart Cork Confetti just added the perfect touch! The twine and doilie were also perfect to make that center box a little unique and really create a pop! Make sure to check out the close-up pictures below to see more details of some of the boxes.








The new product releases this month are just amazing and I hope that you will have as much fun using them as I am having here. Here are the products I used....

Mocha Mint Dream Mix
Chevron Cork Confetti 
Chunky Heart Cork Confetti
4inch Normandy Doilies 
Burlap String










I will be back on Saturday with another fun sequin project to share! You are now headed off to check out Beth's incredible Day in the Life traveler's notebook project. Make sure to visit everyone and enter to win this month's prizes! Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that middle square especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this grid design! And thank you for the reminder that Mocha Mint Dream goes with Wonder, totally didn't think about that!

    ReplyDelete