Sunday, September 4, 2016

For the Love of Homemade Kits: September Kit Reveal


Happy Sunday! I am so excited to be participating again this month in the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series with Hannah Lemieux, Megan Paulos Blethen, and Felicia Young over on You Tube for another round of creating. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this series uses a recipe of items to create a kit from our stash that is based around an inspiration piece. Then, each of us spends four weeks creating layouts and process videos from the ingredients in our kits. The idea is to start digging in our stash and use a combination of both new and old products to create some amazing layouts. Each week, you will be able to see a process video and layout from each of us on our You Tube channels using our individual kits. YAY! Click here to check out my kit share for week one of the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series: September.  The first process video will be posted on Tuesday, September 6th so you don't even have to wait a whole week this time! 



For this round, we decided to include quite a few different things and even decided to start in a different place with our inspiration piece. Rather than choosing a patterned paper as our inspiration piece, we decided to start with an ephemera pack and build our kits from there. We chose to work with Amy Tangerine's Finders Keepers ephemera pack and created a recipe this month that is very much Amy Tangerine style. 



The paper portion of this recipe includes:
1. a geometric
2. a texture
3. a stripe
4. a bold Amy Tan style print
5. a freebie pattern
6. two 6x6 pieces of patterned paper

Now, for my choices....




1. Geometric: Pink Fresh Studio Happy Things: Ombre' Mosaic
2. Texture:  Dear Lizzy Documentary: Wonder
3. Stripe: Pink Fresh Studio Happy Things: Doodle Borders/Bowties
4. Bold: Amy Tan Finders Keepers: Quest
5. Freebie: Fancy Pants Millie & June: So Pretty 
6. I chose to include the Better Together 6x6 paper pad (partially used)  

The embellishment portion of this recipe includes:
1. Hand-lettering/Brush Script
2. watercolors
3. stamps
4. embroidery thread or baker's twine
5. wood veneer
6. Puffy stickers
7. Embellishment/Ephemera pack (Inspiration Piece)
8. One freebie
9. 3x4 cards 
10. Enamel Dots
11. 2 alphabets


Here are my choices....


   

1. Hand-lettering/Brush Script: various pens and markers
2. Watercolors: I have a cheap set from Michael's and the Tim Holtz watercolor crayons
3. Stamps: Studio Calico--Adventure
                   Ali Edwards--Wild Story Stamp Set  
4. Embroidery thread or baker's twine:
5. Wood Veneer: Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Shine wood veneer package
6. Puffy Stickers:  Dear Lizzy Saturday mini puffy stickers
7. Ephemera Pack (Inspiration Piece): Amy Tangerine Kinders Keepers ephemera pack
8. Freebie: Amy Tan Finders Keepers Washi Book
9. 3x4 cards: Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy Project Life Kit 
10.Enamel Dots: Echo Park Summer Party
                            My Mind's Eye: Hooray!
11.Alphabets: Amy Tan Kal Barteski--Black Foam Thickers
                       Amy Tan Thick and Thin Foam Thickers--White 
12. Embroidery thread or baker's twine: white embroidery thread 

Here is my complete kit....

        

As you can see, I followed the recipe pretty closely this month but I included a bit more paper as it seems I need a little more selection as I include so much layering in my layouts. I am also giving myself the freedom and permission to add some mixed media elements like mists and texture paste if needed in order to complete the looks or use the elements that I chose. I hope that you will use this recipe to put together your own kit and I would love to see what you create if you are playing along with us. Make sure to stop by and check out my You Tube video showing my kit and then head on over to see the kits that Hannah, Felicia, and Megan put together as well. It is going to be a very fun month! Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment