Monday, April 4, 2016

Use Your Stuff Challenge: Tissue Paper

Welcome to Monday and a new week! This week, I had the honor of choosing the challenge over at Use Your Stuff and I wanted to challenge everyone to use tissue paper in new and unique ways. I have seen so many different amazing patterned tissue papers in the stores lately all the way from store brands to Tim Holtz in his idea-ology line. Plus, all of those kit clubs and online stores send your goodies in beautiful tissue paper!  So, this week I challenge you to use that tissue paper to create a unique project!

Take a look at what I created to get the challenge started and then make sure you visit the Use Your Stuff blog to see what the other members of the design team created and to link us to your project so that we can check it out!




For this challenge, I used tissue paper in two different ways. First, I created the background strip with a piece of Tim Holtz ideology tissue paper that was perfect for my theme. It was also really beautiful when I stamped on it with distressed ink in the bottom left corner near the photo. The tissue paper also worked well with the texture paste I used for the "travel, adventure, journey" phrasing. I also crinkled up some plain tissue paper and used it to create the ink smears in the top left and bottom right corners below the airplane images. I did this just like you would with the packaging technique only with tissue paper on an ink pad and it created a little bit different look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment