Monday, April 18, 2016

Use Your Stuff Challenge: Punches

Happy Monday and welcome to a new Use Your Stuff challenge. This week, the challenge involves using punches in your projects. Punches are definitely a category of tools that I have quite a few of but don't find myself using nearly enough. I am telling a story this week of my son playing laser tag at our Mother-Son Night at this school. He was being silly with his pose and so the "seriously" title was just a perfect fit!


This week, I decided to stick to my basic circle punch but dressed it up with some stitching and mixed media.  For the circles, I used the packaging technique on some watercolor paper (from the dollar store) and created a whole page of different colors. I waited until it dried and then added some black stamping with one of the new Tim Holtz stamp and stencil combination packs. Once everything was dry again, I adhered them to my background paper and stitched the vertical and horizontal lines by hand with some thread. I absolutely loved the look that this created!



After the background was complete, I used the packaging technique again on the title (Heidi Swapp) and then created a few small embellishment groups to help draw your attention around the page. The title and the small circular photos are all on dimensional adhesive to add some depth as well.


If you have any questions about how I created this look, please leave me a comment below. I hope I have inspired you to take a second look at your punches and create something new and unique. Make sure to visit the Use Your Stuff blog to check out the projects from the other design team members and to link us up to check our your punch challenge project. Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment