Thursday, April 28, 2016

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Inspired by a Book

Happy Thursday!  This week, the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog is hosting an Inspired by a Book Challenge. I decided to step away from the cards that I have been creating for their challenges and showcase two of my layouts this week. The first layout was for Dr. Seuss' Birthday and based upon a few different activities that we did with the kids to celebrate both at school and at home. I also included elements from Dr. Seuss' books and the classic color scheme to mimic this theme.



The second layout is of my two boys at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. They were so excited to choose their own magic wands and complete the magical tasks throughout the world and this quote from the book served as a perfect title. I really pulled my color choices and style from the photos and buildings that we encountered in Diagon Alley during our trip.


I hope that you enjoy these two layouts that pulled their inspiration from books. I love this challenge and I often use books as my inspiration for layouts. I can't wait to see what you create!  Make sure to head on over to the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog to check out the work from the rest of the design team and to leave us a link to a project that you base upon a book. Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layouts!! Love all the Dr. Seuss touches you've included in the first one :)
    Susan - CRAFT Teamie :)

    ReplyDelete