Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stick It Down--October Sketch Challenge

Welcome back to another month of sketches at Stick It Down! This month, I am working with another single page sketch from the amazingly talented Laura Rumble. Below, is the sketch which is a perfect one if you want to experiment and play with a little bit of mixed media this month. It would also work great with cut files, sequins, or lots of little details.




I decided that I wanted to work in some hand stitching and mixed media with this layout. Here is what I came up with...





I have been working on finishing up some summer layouts and collections as we finally move into fall here in Arizona. Below, is the layout that I came up with off of this sketch. I used mostly the Sunny Days Collection from Elle's Studio along with a triangle stencil and texture paste, a load of hand-stitched circles, and some tags.



I also just had to incorporate that beautiful blue bold puffy sticker alphabet from Pink Fresh Studios new Indigo Hills collection.

I hope that you enjoy seeing my interpretation of this sketch and feel inspired to create a layout based upon it for your album. Make sure to check out the Stick It Down Blog to see the incredible work from the rest of the talented team as well as to leave us a link to a project you create with this sketch this month. Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment