Thursday, October 27, 2016

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge--Ribbon, Sparkle, Shine

Happy Thursday and welcome back for another C.R.A.F.T. Challenge! I loved seeing all of the Christmas creations last week and this week's theme could be used to continue creating with your Christmas projects or to create something entirely different. This week, we are working with adding ribbon, sparkle, or shine to our projects. As always, quick and easy are the two main factors that I am thinking about as I approach my card designs. This week, I tried out some Jillibean Soup Card Sets where you can purchase the cards with an opening that fits a plastic shaker pocket. Everything coordinates in the sets already and they really do save a lot of time.



In order to create this look, I filled the plastic cloud piece with sequins and beads and then attached it to the interior of the card. I then inked the edges of the opening that would show on the front of the card and added a couple of felt clouds (and a heart) from the SpiegelMom Scraps store which is my favorite place to go to pick up sequins, felt pieces, Shimmerz products, and little embellishments. (Hint, Hint: Make sure to use the code Khristina15 if you are going to do any fun shopping over there!!)

Next, I hand stitched some rows of sequins to look like rain drops falling from my shaker box cloud. I used some letter stickers on the bottom to create a sediment and I was done. Quick...easy...fun...just my favorite way to create cards! I hope that you will hop back over and check out the projects from the rest of the design team this week and that you are will create your own project using ribbon, sparkle, or shine and share it with us over there! Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment