Sunday, October 2, 2016

For the Love of Homemade Kits: October Kit Reveal

Happy Sunday! I am so excited to be participating again this month in the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series with Hannah Lemieux, Crafty Meggy, Sara Scraps and Felicia Young over on You Tube for another round of creating. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this series uses a recipe of items to create a kit from our stash that is based around an inspiration piece. Then, each of us spends four weeks creating layouts and process videos from the ingredients in our kits. The idea is to start digging in our stash and use a combination of both new and old products to create some amazing layouts. Each week, you will be able to see a process video and layout from each of us on our You Tube channels using our individual kits. YAY! Click here to check out my kit share for week one of the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series: October.  The first process video will be posted on Tuesday, October 4th,  so you don't even have to wait a whole week this time! 



For this round, we decided to include quite a few different things but we really enjoyed starting with an embellishment based inspiration piece so we kept that idea the same. We chose to work with Maggie Holmes Fringe Hearts from the Bloom collection and created kits that are styled after Maggie Holmes and her numerous collections. 


















The paper portion of this recipe includes:
1. a text
2. a floral
3. a dot or circle
4. a specialty paper
5. a freebie pattern
6. two 6x6 pieces of patterned paper

Now, for my choices....




1. Text: Maggie Holmes Bloom--Spring
2. Floral: Maggie Holmes Gather--So Sweet 
3. Texture: Maggie Holmes Bloom--Lizzy
4. Circle/Dot: Felicity Jane--Maggie Exclusive
5. Freebie: Felicity Jane--Maggie Exclusive 
6. I chose to include the Maggie Holmes Bloom 6x6 paper pad (partially used)  

The embellishment portion of this recipe includes:
1. Fringe Hearts (Inspiration Piece)
2. Tiny Word Stickers
3. Embossing Folder (I didn't have this and substituted with tags and a stamp set)
4. Texture Paste
5. Ephemera Pack
6. Buttons
7. Washi Tape
8. One freebie
9. 3x4 cards
10. 2 alphabets  


Here are my choices....

1. Fringe Hearts--Maggie Holmes Bloom
2. Tiny Word Stickers: Maggie Holmes Gather and Tim Holtz Small Talk
3. Embossing Folder--substituted with Kelly Purkey for Hero Arts: Kelly's New 
               Adventures Stamp Set and Maggie Holmes Open Book Layered Tags 
4. Texture Paste: Ranger
5. Ephemera Pack: Kaiser Craft Boho Dreams Collectibles
6. Buttons--various sources
7.Washi Tape--Maggie Holmes Gather Metallic Tapes
8. Freebie: Paislee Paperie Confetti; Maggie Holmes Bloom Accent & Puffy Stickers
9. 3x4 cards: My Mind's Eye--On Trend--"Cool" Journal Cards 
10. Alphabets: Dear Lizzy Desktop Gold Thickers 
                        C'est La Vie Black Acetate Letters 
 
Here is my complete kit....

        

As you can see, I followed the recipe pretty closely this month but I included a bit more paper and a few additional embellishments. I am also giving myself the freedom and permission to add some mixed media elements like mists and texture paste if needed in order to complete the looks or use the elements that I chose. I find that I need to include enough variety so that I don't get sick of my kit but also limit myself enough that I am productive and focused. It's a balance, right?! 

I hope that you will use this recipe to put together your own kit and I would love to see what you create if you are playing along with us. Make sure to stop by and check out my You Tube video showing my kit and then head on over to see the kits that Hannah, Felicia, Sara, and Megan put together as well. It is going to be a really fun month! Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment