Sunday, February 28, 2016

Layout Share

Welcome Back!  I am here today with another layout share that I created for the Ready, Sketch, Go Class that is being hosted by Jen Schow and Tracie Claiborne. Please see the previous post if you are interested in learning more about this class and how amazing I think that it is so far. The layout below as one that I created for my son's scrapbook to document the first time that the kids got to play in the hot tub for the season. The first time of anything really is always something that I try to make sure I document for my kids as these traditions are an important part of their childhood stories.

Layout: Awesome!



I have been really spending a lot of time paying attention to how I layer my photo layers together in order to create dimension and add interest to the page. The hint of reddish orange in the ball on the left side picture was my inspiration for drawing in that brighter orange paper on the left photo matt and it created a nice balance that brought your eye back to the center of the layout. Adding some additional orange accents in the embellishment clusters also worked to create a visual triangle around the pictures making them the focus! Here are some close-up shots of my details and embellishment clusters.

 
                                                                                                                 
  For the majority of the elements on this page, I used an older Kelly Purkey collection called Mon Ami which was put out by Basic Grey in 2013. I cut the title using my Cameo with one of the cut files from the Ready, Sketch, Go class I am currently taking. The phrase strips are from Simple Stories that I just purchased at Michaels and the chipboard stars came from an old Amy Tangerine thicker set that I found at Tuesday Morning.

If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below! Have a happy scrappy day!
 

1 comment:

  1. Your layering is lovely! Thanks for the review of the class. I love both Tracie and Jen so have been considering taking it but hadn't completely made up my mind. TFS:)

    ReplyDelete